I could go on and on, when it comes to the topic of “why have a wedding video”.
Like most females, I’m all for preserved memories, be it in picture or sound. And my husband, like most men, cringed at the thought of spending large sums to have our wedding captured. But truth be told, we sit here now, nearly 8 months later, with both a lovely mini movie and a heart-wrenching extended feature.
“Wow! I’m SO glad we did this! It was worth every penny.” Said hubby’s words upon watching it for the first time.
From the standpoint of a bride:
- You can forever relive the deepest sense of joy you’ve experienced and remember where it all began
- It preserves your personal vows, that took much time, heart and thought to create
- Those that were not there to witness your day, can join in the excitement
- You can later share the day with your children, grandchildren and extended family
- It serves as a family record, once members have passed on
From the standpoint of a groom:
- You can revisit the genuine emotion in a real and concrete way, that a still picture can’t recreate
- A a couple, you are swept up in the moment, unable to fully take in every detail, moment and sensation. A video will capture the things you missed, only enhancing the days memory.
- Behind-the-scenes allows you to witness what you were not able to (ie: your fiance getting ready)
- The creative ability, to turn an everyday event into a cinematic movie featuring you, is truly impressive
- The enjoyment in seeing your own memories, from the perspective of a bystander, is a rare and unique opportunity
But who needs words, when we have concrete proof?
You can also view our mini feature HERE, by scrolling to the bottom.