From conception, I knew this Vancouver vintage wedding editorial would be a memorable one. Carmen Adams of FRESH Photography had visions of an avant-garde editorial; a modern day bridal interpretation of the Swedish Fairytale, “Swan Maiden,” which she entrusted with me to bring to life.
With an outstanding cast of reputable talents, we curated the unthinkable: quirky characters, unique headdresses and whimsical vignettes, laced impeccably with an undertone of grace. While slightly pushing the envelope, the editorial remained chic and sophisticated; luxe in style and nature.
From this project, “C’est La Vie” was born, a vintage-inspired film about “the one who got away”. I am pleased to present it’s premier today; the directorial debut of Carmen Adams of FRESH Photography, partnering with cinematographer Ben Olsen of Luma Lab Films and myself, as event coordinator and stylist.
“Kailey- Michelle is the picture of professionalism. She is authentically passionate about each event and brings a vast amount of industry knowledge to the table. She has a warm, personable demeanour and cares intimately about each detail. But most of all, she is a person of great integrity.
She has “sold” me on working with event-planners; if only each were as energetic and stylish as herself!” ~ Carmen Adams | FRESH Photos
Swan Maiden Editorial Credits
- Cinematic production by Luma Lab Films Inc.
- Coordination, stylizing by Kailey-Michelle Events
- Direction, Imagery by FRESH Photography
- Make-up by Brianna Errelet
- Eco-friendly wedding gowns by Pure Magnolia
- Flowers by Verde Plant and Flower Design
- Accessories by Carmen West Creative
- Lingerie by L’Boutique
- Hair by Lori Bodner Designs
- Vintage decor/ frocks/ props, stylizing by Aroka Vintage
- Stationary by Studio Wonder
- Custom Cakes Cake Art by Rabia
- Heritage venue Rowena’s Inn on the River
- Models in order of appearance Alissa Hansen, Rachel Sargaent, Andrew Henderson