Meet Stephanie and Paul.
These two love birds are the epitome of a west coast couple! Their rustic nuptials are taking place at Camp Howdy in Port Moody BC, overlooking the gorgeous and serene Indian Arm. Nestled in the mountains, they’ll tie the knot with mother nature as their backdrop, boasting post card worthy scenery to spare!
They’re here today to share a little bit about themselves and the vision behind their “once upon a time…”
1. Describe yourselves as a couple, in 3 words
open-minded, social, athletic
2. What’s your perfect sunday
After Paul sleeps in, the perfect Sunday involves any kind of physical activity- hiking, running, volleyball, snowsports, biking…. really anything, followed by coffee! Then a trip to the store to pick up something to BBQ on our deck, followed by a movie with friends. Basically good food and great people!
3. Paint me a picture of your wedding day, as you see it in your dreams
Our wedding is a place where everyone feels comfortable and relaxed, just looking to have a great time. We chose a venue that really reflects the best of BC- the ocean and the forested mountains. This was important to us, as it really reflects our identities and our roots. We want the decor and food to continue this woodsy feeling with natural elements and fresh, local tastes. The idea is that it is rustic, yet not country. There are lawn games, a s’mores bar, plenty of homemade sweets and of course, a wicked dance party. Everything is subtly beautiful and everyone is happy.
4. What special touches are you adding to your wedding, to create an authentic and genuine portrayal of your two hearts?
- Lawn games- we love sports and competition!
- Homemade sweets table and candy bar- we both have a big sugar tooth.
- Local strawberry jam favours made by Steph and Paul’s Grandma.
- Popcorn station- Steph’s favourite food.
- S’mores bar- a nod to our love for camping and the outdoors.
- The music- decided by Paul, the musician.
5. What have you learnt so far in your wedding planning that you could offer as advice to other brides to be?
Don’t stress out, but don’t put things off. Follow the motto “Do it now” and ask people for help- they want to help!
6. What drew you to Kailey Michelle Events and excites you most about working with them?
The aesthetic and rustic vision she can execute really aligned with what we were looking for.
This playful duo will get hitched August 10th of this year and we couldn’t be more delighted to join them for the ride! A special shout out to Images by Bethany, for capturing their seriously west coast engagement photos.