After last years Camp Howdy Wedding, I was elated when I got the call from Lindsay exclaiming that we just had to work together! Her emails were spunky and full of just the right amount of !!!! that assured me her and Riley would be the fun loving, excited couple that they are.
It’s my pleasure to introduce this gorgeous duo and the heart behind their Rustic Chic outdoor wedding that honours their love for the outdoors and their childhood memories of camp.
1. Describe yourselves as a couple, in 3 words
adventurous, outdoorsy, fun loving
2. What’s your perfect sunday
It usually consists of breakfast in bed followed by many coffees on the couch. Then we like to enjoy lunch out with friends, frisbee golf, dog walks in the forest, and leisurely kayak outings.
3. What matters most on Wedding Day?
- That we have special moments together that we will never forget.
- That our guests have a great time and enjoy the party!
- That our wedding is a reflection of us as a couple.
4. What special touches are you adding to your wedding, to create an authentic and genuine portrayal of your two hearts?
We chose a Camp Howdy Wedding because the ocean and forest backdrops reflects our love for the outdoors and recreation. The camp location also gives our guests the option to re-live an authentic summer camp experience for a night and we both love to camp!!
The wood being used in the centrepieces is from Riley’s family cabin in Pender Harbour, which is where we first said ‘I love you’ to each other.
5. What have you learnt so far in your wedding planning that you could offer as advice to other brides to be?
We have realized that wedding planning is an exciting and stressful roller coaster ride with many ups and downs. Couples should expect a few serious set backs in the process, but know that in the end it always works out!
6. What drew you to Kailey Michelle Events and excites you most about working with them?
Initially, we were intrigued by KME because she has coordinated Camp Howdy Weddings before. The location is logistically challenging, so we needed a professional to advise us on many aspects of the planning. But, Kailey-Michelle’s reputation and online reviews spoke volumes about her clients appreciation for her work!
Intrigued?! August 30th they tie the knot and you too, can follow along behind the scenes on Instagram. There’s plenty of pretty inspiration to go around with this wedding, trust me!
Ps: A Special shout out to Ronnie Hill, who captured their gorgeous natural light engagement photos at Jericho beach. I swoon!